Policy 26: WEB SITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKS (Revised 9/11)
26-A PURPOSE — Quester Web Sites shall inform the public about the Questers; facilitate gaining new members; educate and inform members; and reflect The Questers purposes of research and study of antiques, historic preservation and restoration, and education.
26-B NAME AND LOGO — The name THE QUESTERS and the trademarked logo shall not be used without written permission of the International Executive Board. (5/11)
State/Provinces/Chapter Social Networks shall not be used without the name of the State/Province or Chapter preceding the word "Questers." (1/13)
26-C ADVERTISING — Consistent with The Questers charter as a non-profit organization, advertising by a business, organization, or individual is not permitted on web sites. All sites shall be secured to preclude attachment by a business.
Promotion of Quester activities and events is allowed for the purpose of information only.
(1) The International Web Site Editor shall obtain written authorization before inclusion of members’ names, addresses, phone or fax numbers, email addresses and photographs on the International web site. (5/05, revised 9/11)
(2) State/Provincial and Chapter web site editors shall obtain written authorization before inclusion of members’ names, contact information, or photographs on a web site. (5/05; revised 9/11)
(3) Written authorization shall be obtained before inclusion of papers or other written documents on web sites.
(4) Credit shall be given to authors of papers or documents.
26-E STATE OR PROVINCIAL AND CHAPTER WEB SITES (revised 9/11)
Each Chapter, State, or Provincial web site shall have its own domain name and not be attached to a commercial website.
(1) Chapter, State or Provincial web site addresses shall be provided to the International President and the International Web Site Editor as soon as sites go online.
(2) The International Web Site Editor shall approve the content of web sites. The editor may refer a web site to the International President if there is a question of suitability. The President shall send a link to the web site to members of the International Executive Board and ask for a response of yes or no. If no, reasons must be stated.
(3) A reciprocal link shall be established between State or Provincial websites and the International website. (1/03, revised 9/11, 5/13)
(4) Chapter web sites in chartered states shall be linked through the State/Provincial web site. If there is no State or Provincial web site, the chapter’s web site shall be linked through the International Web Site. Web sites of chapters in unchartered states shall be linked through the International Web Site.
(1) Personal contact information shall be in a members only section of the web site requiring a password.
(2) Passwords for State, Provincial, and Chapter web sites shall be given to the International Web Site Editor and the Executive Director at Headquarters.
Note: This is an excerpt from International Policies found under Members – Governance tab.