Plum Grove #948 has adopted its name from the historic site located in Iowa City, Iowa that was the home of the first territorial governor of Iowa Robert Lucas and of his wife Friendly. It was purchased in 1844 in Friendly's name. Sitting in a grove of plum trees the house and acreage is now owned by the State of Iowa and is a open to the public from May to October. The Colonial Dames help in the furnishing and maintainence of the home. The Plum Grove questers have donated many things to the improvement of the home including helping in the upkeep of the heritage garden. It is a place that matters and is recognized as the "Mount Vernon of Iowa".